Benefits of Partnership
You will benefit when you form a partnership:
- You will have the opportunity to directly affect the quality of your public schools and, ultimately your community.
- You will be making an investment in tomorrow’s leaders, employees, and consumers.
- You will enhance your own image within the community through your efforts to benefit students.
- Your employees will have the opportunity to become involved in the community.
- You will help students to understand the business world and to prepare themselves for careers.
- You will build a positive public attitude toward the schools through your contributions of time and talent.
- You will have the enjoyment of helping young people.
- You will be helping students by becoming involved in activities that have a system-wide focus, such as special education and curriculum development.
- You will have an opportunity to sponsor a newsletter, a seminar, or other project that may be a “one time” or an annual activity.
What can you do with your partner?
- Serve as resource speakers.
- Tutor students to improve specific skills.
- Donate surplus materials, furniture, etc.
- Present awards for outstanding students.
- Provide tours of your place of business.
- Provide shadowing experiences.
- Speak on career possibilities and demands
- Advertise school events in your newsletter.
- Serve on an advisory committee.
- Display student achievement at your business.
- Recognize faculty achievement.
- Establish an extracurricular club.
- Assist with fund-raising events.
- Give books to the school library in honor of employees, students, etc.
- Judge school competitions (art, science, etc.)
- Provide internships or job placement.
- Support and assist with athletic programs.
- Provide transportation for field trips.
- Help with landscaping and playground improvement.
- Provide administrative assistance (data processing, etc.)
- Establish a scholarship fund.
- Assist in general improvement of the classroom or school environment (painting, decorating, etc.)
- Supply career or cultural exhibits for school use.
- Share hobbies.