Both RCPS and RCES are schoolwide Title 1 Schools and because of this all students benefit from Title 1 funding and services. Title I requires schools to create opportunities that involve parents in the planning and implementation of parent involvement programs, resources and activities, and in the education of their children. The parent involvement requirements for schools and districts serving students through Title I consist of:
District Parent and Family Engagement Plan
- a plan developed with parents: parent involvement activities and district commitments that encompasses all Title I requirements.
- distributed to all parents of students in Title I schools and to the local community, and announced at each school’s Annual title I Parent Involvement Meeting
School Parent Involvement Plan
- A plan developed with parents: parent involvement activities and school commitments that encompasses all Title I requirements.
- Distributed to all parents and made available to the local community, and announced at the Annual title I Parent Involvement Meeting.
- Outlines how parents, school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement.
- Includes the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership to help children achieve the state’s high standards.
- Developed jointly with parents and teachers.
Annual Title I Parent Involvement Meeting for ALL Parents/Guardians
- Offers an explanation of the Title I program, and information on components of the program.
- Includes an explanation of the school’s and district’s Parent Involvement Policies, and Compacts.
- All parents and guardians are invited.
- Parental notifications will be offered in and understandable format, and upon request, in a language that a parent can understand.
- Frequent communication of student progress, along with at least one parent/teacher conference per year.
- A column in the monthly newsletter, featuring helpful information on how parents/guardians can work with their child to support academic success, a calendar of events, and more.