1. Volunteer at your child's school. Our schools welcome parent volunteers. Contact your child's school to find out how you can become involved as a volunteer.
2. Attend school functions, meetings and events.
3. Keep in touch with the school and your child's teacher.
4. Show your child that you think school is important and that you expect them to do their best at school.
5. Be an active part of decision making committees at your child's school.
6. Provide a learning environment at home for your child and show your child you are interested in their school day.
7. Be informed about your child's school activities and schedule. Talk with your child daily about what they have learned and check notebooks/bookbags for correspondence sent from school. Check agendas each night.
8. Check the website for your child's school on a regular basis.