District Board Posts


Rabun County Board of Education plans to rollback the millage rate this year.  This is the 8th consecutive year that the Board of Education has not increased taxes for the school system.  What does this mean for my tax bill?  The tax reassessments that were sent out earlier this year  based the taxes on last year’s millage rate of 9.072.  When tax bills are issued the rate will drop to 8.375 reducing the school tax for this year.  Rabun County Schools has the 3rd lowest millage rate in the State of Georgia.  

How is this possible with the increase in cost of everything this year?  The school system monitors revenues and the expenditures closely.  Our goal is to provide the best education possible and to closely monitor how every tax dollar is spent.  We are fortunate in Rabun County to have the community support for eSPLOST.  The eSPLOST is the 1 cent sales tax that provides funding for facilities.  A few of the projects that the current eSPLOST has funded are the land and construction of the new Agri-Science Center on Old 441, HVAC renovation, new playground equipment and a covered drive awning at the elementary school, new buses, technology upgrades for students and safety, new tennis courts, new band pavilion, and a new scoreboard for the field.  The eSPLOST provides the funds needed to keep our facilities updated and safe without increasing taxes on property owners.  A large portion of eSPLOST comes from the tourism industry as visitors make purchases while in Rabun County.  

Go Cats!

Dr. April Childers



USDA Waivers allowing students to eat school meals at no cost expired on June 30, 2022. While breakfast will remain free for all Rabun County students, students must pay for lunch in the upcoming school year if you do not qualify for free/reduced meals. Primary/Elementary lunch is $2.25 and Middle/High is $2.50. Use the QR code above or go to www.ezmealapp.com to apply for free or reduced meals. You must complete a new application each school year. Apply today in order to ensure your student receives the correct benefits. You can request a paper application by visiting the front office of the school or board of education. You can also print a copy of the application from our website at https://rabuncountyschools.mealviewer.net/. If you have any questions please call 706-212-4350 or email kschupp@rabuncountyschools.org. Thank you and we look forward to serving your students in the upcoming school year!